Saturday, April 3, 2010

FTF: Post 3: "Write It Down" by Jennie Linthorst


The Third Article in the First things First series is now available on "Hartley's Life with 3 Boys".

The article is called "Write it Down" and it's by Jennie Linthorst whose story is featured in the documentary film: Autistic-Like: Graham’s Story (check out the official movie page and trailer here).

Jennie's article touched a raw nerve for me. It's one of the main reasons I started blogging (back on my original family blog). I wanted to write things down so that I'd remember them. So that they wouldn't get lost in the messy and hectic chaos that my life that had become since I had kids.

Of course, Jennie goes much further and talks of courageously documenting her own feelings, failures and successes. It's certainly something that I want to take further. It's something that I should be doing - and I can see how it would put me much more firmly in touch with my own feelings.

Please, have a read of the article - The "first things first" series is all about taking care of our own needs as parents and recognition of our own feelings is a major step along the right path.

1 comment:

RAnn said...

I'm giving away a book about autism
http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com